Last Updated on
What conditions must be met for competent training of abdominal muscles. Selection of the most effective exercises.
The abdomen is one of the most problematic parts of the body (in terms of body fat), which requires special attention, diets and proper construction of workouts. At the same time, the result gives only an integrated approach, when proper nutrition is combined with competent lined up exercises. Let’s look at how to download the press correctly to get the expected result.
Why do we need abdominal muscles?
The abdominal muscles have a more special name – the abdominal muscles. Before talking about the attractive appearance of these muscles, let’s look at them from an anatomical point of view. What muscles do we deal with when doing abdominal exercises?
The direct, internal oblique and transverse abdominal muscles are involved in the coordination of the movements of the hips, posture and position of the spine. They are involved in all our movements, in particular, during rotation and tilting of the body. So these muscles are extremely important!
Before starting to consider the exercises and techniques for their implementation, we will highlight several important recommendations:
- ventilate the room well before class. It is imperative that the room has enough oxygen;
- take a bottle of water for training and drink the liquid at the first appearance of such a desire. Only without fanaticism. Sometimes only one sip is enough to quench thirst;
- exercise only on an empty stomach. Ideal if at least 3-4 hours have passed after eating;
- Experienced experts recommend exercising in the morning, before breakfast. If during this period it is not possible to devote time to classes, then act at your own discretion;
- For effective fat burning, work at the fastest pace. Active and lengthy workouts help you pump up your abs faster and lose fat.
How long to train?
In order to build up your abdominal muscles and get the expected relief, you must decide on the duration of the workout. The first time (1-2 weeks) you can not load the body with a large number of sets and repetitions. At the initial stage, the main thing is quality, sensations of the full tension of muscle fibers. As soon as there is confidence in the muscles, you can increase the number of repetitions and sets. It is believed that this approach increases the chances of pumping up the abdominal muscles and getting rid of fat in a short time.
An important point is the smoothness of execution. When jerking, you run the risk of stretching your muscles or getting another injury. Release air, lower the torso, relax the muscle group. Take air into the lungs and rise. At the same time, keep an eye on the press and torso. The first one should be in tension all the time, and the second – perfectly smooth.
To achieve results and really pump up the press, many recommend training daily. But this is optional. The best option is to organize 3-5 workouts per week. The best time for classes, as mentioned above, is morning. But in the absence of such an opportunity, training can be carried out in the evening.
Press program at home
You can achieve a flat abdomen not only in the gym, doing on expensive simulators. The main tasks can be solved at home. Below we will consider how to pump the press correctly in “field” conditions when there are no special shells at hand.
The program is as follows:
- Stretching is the starting point for any workout. Without this exercise, giving muscles heavy loads is prohibited. Everything is simple here. Take a position on the floor, bend your knees and literally stretch your muscle groups. Lie down in this position for at least a few minutes (usually 3-4 minutes is enough).
- Conventional twisting on the abdominal muscles. Lay on your back, bend your legs at the knee joints, place your feet close to each other. Put your hands behind your head. Now begin to lift the body to the knee joints, gradually tearing the shoulder blades from the cover. At the same time, watch the lower back – its position should remain unchanged.
- Reverse twisting. Lay on your back, legs bent. Now raise your hips so that they are 90 degrees to the floor. Pull your hands forward so that your hands are located near the torso. Now strain the press, pull the knees towards the chest, while tearing the pelvic area off the floor.
- Lie down on the floor and take the position discussed in the last exercise. The only difference is that the knees should be placed a little wider. Then lift the torso and touch the elbow joints to the knees. Hands must be alternated.
- It is worth noting another exercise that helps to build muscle abs. Take a position on the floor, hands on the neck (below the crown), knee joints are bent. Now lift your lower and upper body at the same time. If you can bring the knee and elbow joints together, then the effectiveness of the exercise will be maximum.
The nuances of training
To accelerate the achievement of the result, a combination of several types of loads is recommended. It’s not necessary to invent something. You can build muscle and the usual twisting, but at the same time using two different approaches. For example, in the first part of the exercises, you can act more dynamically and with maximum amplitude. The advantage of this approach is the quality of muscle development.
At the second stage, it is worth giving preference to another type – isometric. In this case, the amplitude of motion is minimal. At the same time, work in one direction and another is more like a trembling. The advantage of this design is maximum burning in the muscles and their high-quality study. After that, you can again switch to the dynamic version of execution. As practice shows, such a combination helps to pump up the press faster, having worked the lower lobe of the rectus muscle (it is precisely the most thin and weak).
Remember a few more important points:
- muscle tension should be produced when air is released from the lungs. Holding your breath is not advisable;
- in the presence of unpleasant sensations in the muscle fibers, it is worth reducing the load. This can be done in simple ways – lower the feet to the floor (if they were raised) or bend the legs more in the knee joint. In addition, it is not necessary to raise the torso to the highest point possible;
- as already mentioned, watch the lower back – it should be pressed to the floor. This makes it possible to minimize the amplitude. So you will not have the opportunity to tear off the scapular region from the floor or sit down, and the abdominal muscles will work correctly. If you shift the load to the pelvis or spine, then this is fraught with injuries;
There is one more nuance. Women are often interested in how to pump the press during the “red days”, and whether this can be done. According to doctors, there are no special restrictions here. The only thing that is forbidden is to raise the pelvic region above the navel. This means that it is allowed to do ordinary twisting, but raising legs is already gone.
Now you have at your disposal the main knowledge – how to swing the press correctly. It remains only to apply the above developments in practice and form the expected relief. Remember that pumping up the abdominal muscles is easy. The main problem is to decide on this step.