Last Updated on
Working muscle groups, which is the focus of this exercise. Competent execution technique and various nuances.
Slopes with a barbell on the shoulders are considered very effective, but at the same time a dangerous exercise. Violation of the execution technique can lead not only to the lack of the necessary result, but also to serious injuries. In the optimal mode, the following muscle group is connected to work:
- The lower back, the back of the thigh and the broadest muscles. This is the main group;
- Muscle stabilizers – extensors of the spine;
- Synergists – large adductor and gluteus maximus;
- Antagonists – abdominal muscles (oblique and straight).
Experienced athletes distinguish several advantages of the exercise:
- Strengthening the muscle group involved in the extension of the vertebrae along the entire length.
- Strengthening the strength of the spinal muscles.
- Strengthening the back “arch” of the back.
- Improved posture and effective control of curvature of the spine.
- Prevention of problems associated with the spinal column.
- Improving the stability of the athlete’s corset in basic movements.
- The increase in overall strength, which is noticeable in traction exercises.
- Ease of execution and so on.
But, despite a number of advantages, slopes with a barbell on their shoulders carry a certain danger. It is worth abandoning the exercise in the presence of injuries of the spine or back muscles, the presence of an intervertebral hernia and other problems. In addition, a violation of technology may lead to additional risks associated with the appearance of new injuries.
Slopes with a barbell on the shoulders are usually performed standing up, which requires special attention and strict adherence to technology. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Take the barbell and place it on your back in the position in which the standard squat takes place. Become straight, bend your legs and place them at an average level (slightly wider than the shoulders). Watch out for socks – they should be deployed. This position is the original.
- Straighten your back and tilt it with the load forward. When performing movements, make sure that the buttocks are laid back a little. Lean until the body is parallel to the floor. Then reverse the movement. In the process of lifting the body, it is worth working with the muscles of the buttocks, the lower back and connecting the generation tendons. After doing the desired number of repetitions.
- Perform the required number of repetitions. Most often, 3-5 approaches are done 6-8 times.
Be careful and try not to overestimate your capabilities. When working with heavy weight, it is desirable that there be another person nearby who is able to insure and remove the load in a timely manner.
Slopes with a barbell on the shoulders can be performed in several variations:
- Standing near Smith’s simulator. This option is most preferable for beginners who are only trying themselves in this direction. The advantage is that you can work without a partner. Minus – the minimum amount of muscle involved in the work.
- Sitting on a bench is a safer option. Suitable in the presence of minor sprains, as well as during the recovery period after injuries.
- With the foot set forward. This method simplifies the process of maintaining equilibrium.
- At home by the table (performed standing) – an excellent option for study in the case when there is no access to classes in the gym.
To achieve maximum results from the exercise, it is worth following the following recommendations:
- The bar should lie on the trapezoid. If you bring it lower, then there is a risk of the bar sliding off.
- Feet can be in different positions, for example, they can stand parallel to each other or with socks turned outward.
- At the time of flexion (maximum effort), draw air into the lungs, and in case of extension, exhale.
- When doing exercises, try not to “bite” your nose on the floor – your gaze should be directed only forward.
- Do not round your back. Otherwise, there is a risk of damage to it. To set up a technique, look at yourself in the mirror.
- Exercise should be included in the complex along with the back. The best time is from the beginning or after the completion of the training.
- If possible, incline already after completing deadlift.
- Try not to overdo it with excessive weights, because the exercise is not for mass, but for efficiency.
- Keep the number of sets and reps within 3-5 sets of 6-8 reps.
- The mass of the projectile should be no more than a third of the base weight of squats with a barbell.
Who needs this?
As already mentioned, the exercise connects the back thigh to work and loads it to the maximum. Unlike deadlifts, the incline weight is less, which reduces the risk of injury. When observing the technique, the lower back works more, which allows not only to accelerate the mass gain, but also to strengthen the main muscle groups. For greater effect, you can connect a number of additional exercises to the group of interest.
Many women worry that performing many exercises on the legs and back, they are zealous with the elaboration of quardiceps and pump over the back thigh. And here everything is really not going smoothly. Even with proper execution, the thigh is worked out to a greater extent, and to the lesser extent, the gluteal muscles. This is due to the physiology of the female body. If you make slopes with a barbell, then you can work out buttocks to a greater extent.
Please note that when doing the exercise, only the biceps of the thigh and buttocks should work. It is forbidden to lift the torso, rounding the back and straightening the lumbar region. It is important that the spinal extensor carries the main work, so this muscle should be tensed all the time.
In addition, do not rush to immediately use the working weight – start with an empty bar. This prudence allows us to solve two problems – to form the correct technique for performing exercises and to prepare the back muscles for heavy loads. Add extra pancakes only after your back has strengthened. At the same time, watch your feelings. It is important that during exercise no pain or other discomfort occurs.
Watch your legs – they should be slightly bent. The integrity of the spinal column and stability depend on this. Work with straight legs is allowed only to professionals whose hip joint is well developed and has better mobility. Otherwise, the legs should be at least slightly, but bent. But here, consider the important point. The less bent the legs, the more the back of the thigh is connected to the work. If you crouch stronger, then the gluteal muscles get the maximum load.
Barbell tilt is a great exercise that must be a part of the training program. On the other hand, it is necessary to include it only if the back is in good health and there are no contraindications. At the same time, try to act without fanaticism and add weight gradually. This is the case when the rush is dangerous and can lead to irreparable consequences.